This policy has been updated to comply with the GDPR.
“We”, “us” or “our” refers to Bourne Car & Van Hire, the data controller and owner of the company website.
“Our site” or “Our website” refers to the company website www.bournecarvanhire.co.uk.
“You” refers to the visitor/user of our website.
“Personal Data” refers to the personal information we collect from you.
“Data” refers to the personal and non-personal information we collect from you.
1. Who We Are
We, Bourne Car & Van Hire, are the controller and responsible for the collection, storage, processing, and security of your data. We are based at Tunnel Bank off, Cherry Holt Rd, Bourne, PE10 0DJ, UK. For data concerns, you may write to us at the aforementioned address or contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and phone (01778 393777, 01778393888).
2. Data We Collect About You
We collect data from you when you visit and use our site. This data includes personal data, which is also referred to as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). The data we collect can be grouped as follows:
Personal Data: Full name, contact information including home address, phone number and email address, IP details, vehicle details.
Non-Personal Data: Browser type, p78ikm latform type, operating system, ISP details, referral source, duration and frequency of your visits on our site, navigation behaviour, search terms used, and browsing behaviour.
Note that we do not store your bank, card and any other financial details.
3. How We Collect Your Data
We collect data from and about you through:
- Contact form in the “Contact us” page of our website.
- Contact form that you must fill to complete
- Contact form that you must fill while placing an online order to purchase our products and/or booking an appointment for our services.
- Cookies downloaded into your device from our website.
4. How We Use Your Data
We use the collected data for the following purposes:
- To deliver the products and/or services successfully that you may have purchased from our website. Basic personal data is essential for us to process your order successfully. For example, your name and home address must be collected for us to deliver the purchased product to you.
- To get in touch with you concerning the work being carried out, answer your queries, send you billing invoices, and to solve your complaints.
- To provide access for you to visit the critical and restricted sections of our website. For example, basic personal data must be shared before we allow you to visit our online booking system.
- To carry out promotional and/or marketing activities. We may use the acquired data to notify you about our new products and services, discount offers, latest news. Note that you can opt out from receiving the promotional and marketing messages and/or calls any time you want by contacting us via mediums aforementioned in section 1 of this page.
- To analyse our site performance. Non-personal information in the statistical form is used for analysis which enables us to improve the features and content on our website.
- To deliver a unique user-tailored experience on our site, by studying your previous browsing behaviour on our website.
- To run our website efficiently.
In case we need to use your data for purposes other than the one you consented to, we will get in touch with you to gain your consent first and explain why we need to use your data for the new purpose.
5. How Long Do We Store Your Data For
We store the data for as long as your consent permits us to and/or till the time to safeguard ourselves and comply with the transactional, tax or legal obligations.
6. Whom We Share Your Data With
We may share the data with:
- Third-party agencies that enable us to deliver the purchased products/services to you successfully
- Credit reference companies to check and verify your credit score
- Security providers and the police force
- Government agencies
- IT and marketing professionals that work on the site analysis, site optimisation, and marketing activities.
- Third-party data controllers
7. Data Security
We have put appropriate security measures in place to safeguard your data and prevent it from getting lost, accessed in an unauthorised manner, altered, or disclosed. These measures adhere to the EU GDPR 2018 and UK Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure maximum protection of your data. Your data is securely stored on servers based in EEA (European Economic Area) as well as outside it.
The key security measures put in place are:
- Encrypted access (HTTPS)
- Implementation of two-factor authentication
- Periodic review of security procedures
- Need-to-know basis permission for access only
In case of a data breach, subject to legal compliance, you will be notified immediately.
8. Your Legal Rights
As per GDPR, subject to legal compliance, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to be informed about the data we collect, and the way we process them. You also retain the right to ask us about the source of the data, the purpose of the data, if the data will be shared with third-party agencies and the retention period of data.
- Right to request access to the copy of your data we store and process.
- Right to ask us to rectify incorrect and/or incomplete data stored by us. The new data will be subjected to verification prior to the change.
- Right to ask us to erase the stored data.
- Right to request us to transfer the stored data to another data controller or yourself. The transferred data will be in machine-readable format.
- Right to restrict us from processing your data partially or entirely.
- Right to object to our use of your data. For example, you can object to our use of your data for marketing purpose.
- Right to ask us to limit the use of automated decision making and profiling.
You can exercise the aforementioned rights by sending us the request in written format to the address mentioned in section-1 of this page. Subject to the extent of the request, you can get it fulfilled for free. The request will be met within one month of its submission. If it may take more than a month, then one of our representatives will contact you and help you understand the cause of the delay.
9. Third-Party Websites
- To repopulate the login credentials when you revisit our website so that you do not need to type the details again after creating them.
- To help you book appointments and/or place orders successfully.
- To provide unique navigating experience customised solely for you.
- To manage and account for the transactions taking place on our site.
- To collect non-personal data based on your browsing behaviour.
The cookies we use on our website are as follows:
|Strictly Necessary||CookieSettings||This cookie stores your browser settings for this website.|
|These cookies are used throughout our site and are essential to use our booking systems, Centre locator and other features.|
|Performance||PHPSESSID||this cookie could be with another name depending on the web server settings. It holds the ID of the customer session.|
|Third Party|| __utma
For any queries or concerns related to the data or your rights, contact our data administrator through the information provided in the section-1 of this page.
In case you find us unable to address your concerns, you may reach out to the higher supervisory authority, Information Commissioner's Office, for resolution.
Bourne Car & Van Hire